Visit the Goomalling Schoolhouse Museum for a glimpse of local history. There is a display of old machinery, a rare windmill, plus a school room and adjacent school master’s residence restored to reflect the 1900-1940 era.
The museum was officially opened in 1978 and is located on Throssell Street next to the swimming pool, and consists of:
The museum collection includes an array of photographs and documents pertaining to the area, including family photographs and histories, homesteads, organisations and buildings of significance to the area.
The museum is open by appointment. Call 9629 1185 (Harold), 0429 906 918 (Therese) or 0439 493 748 (Peta).
Admission fee is $2.00pp.
The book Goomalling – a Backward Glance gives a detailed account of Goomalling’s history.
Goomalling’s Classic Racers by Graeme Cox depicts the classic motor races held in Goomalling between 1949 and 1955.